Access to Work

Applying for AtW

You are able to claim for the equipment you need so that you will be able to hear better in whatever work you do including meetings and on the telephone – so that you can participate as an equal.

To be eligible for the Access to Work grant you must be in paid employment or self-employed. You could be unemployed and about to start work or a workplace trial, with a confirmed start date. You will have a disability or health condition which affects your ability to work, be aged 16 or over, live and work in England, Scotland or Wales.

If your disability or health condition stops you from being able to do parts of your job, and for those who are hard of hearing, this will take the form of not being able to fully participate at work due to the inability to communicate effectively.

How The Process Works...
You or your employer applies to the nearest AtW centre
Your needs are assessed at work by an assessor who submits a report
Once approved, the employer orders equipment, and claims the money back from AtW

What's covered?

The Access to Work (AtW) scheme can cover the costs of any equipment that you need if you decide to get a job, will be self-employed, or even if you start your own business.

If you feel that the type of work you do is affected by a disability or health condition that is likely to last for 12 months or more, you can apply online.

Alternatively, ask the Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at your local Jobcentre Plus about the Access to Work grant scheme.

This government scheme is described in full via the following link.

Free Advice, Professional Care
& Reliable Products

With a knowledgeable sales team, qualified sound technicians
and warranties on all installations and hearing products you’ll be
assured of a hearing solution that fits your needs and budget.