Applying for DSA

You are able to claim for equipment that will enable you to hear better in lecture rooms and seminars, even to connect to your computer, phone and television.

You will need to provide ‘medical evidence’ of your hearing disability when completing the DSA application form. This can be a letter from a Doctor, Audiologist or suitable hearing specialist. The form you need to complete can be downloaded here

After you receive approval that you meet the DSA requirements, you will need to have an assessment of your needs by an Assessor – To find your nearest assessment centre click here.

The Assessor then writes a report to the funding authority. If you or the Disability Assessor are unsure of what is best for your situation we can loan equipment, for you to try, this will ensure the recommended equipment is suitable. All we ask is that you take care of the loan equipment and let us have it back in the same condition we sent it to you.

Disability Student Allowance chart

If approved the funding provider issues an entitlement letter to you, you can then order the equipment you need and the funding body pays all or a percentage of the bill for you.

Unlike your student loan – the money from the DSA does not need to be repaid. We then provide support, set-up and training on the equipment via Skype, phone or email for the duration of your studies. Do let us know how you get on!

The government scheme is described in full here

"The service I received here was fabulous, the Gordon Morris team could not have done more to help and consistently went out of their way to make sure I got what I needed. A brilliant team, highly recommended, they were with me every step of the way."
Rachel MacLeod – Ph.D student, Glasgow Caledonian University